This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A question for Adult "children" of divorce?
12-18-2012, 06:20 AM

It's had a terrible affect on my life, my mum and dad split up 2 years ago when I was 12, now 14, and back then I understood what was going on, but I wasn't 100% Sure, I knew what was going on as my best friend's parents had split up the year before so me and him became like brothers as he didn't want to speak to his parents, he spoke to me. So ever since his parents got divorced, I have matured a lot more, yet still find it hard.

I am in a similar position to you, I am choose to stay in the house all day with my hobbies, my Computer and PlayStation 3, and don't get out much, needless to say in some aspect it has helped me as I have developed my computer skills dramatically and I wish to have a career in ICT when I am older, I play golf with my dad on occasions and we also share a football passion, so we talk about football and I have a good time with my Dad, I also see my Dad as more of a friend, my mum too, as I live with my Mum. I generally don't want to hang out with friends, as I prefer staying in the house, and yes I have to admit, I have become a computer / Gaming Console nerd, I don't deny that.

Looking at the "Additional Details" you just posted I agree with you, I use facebook once a day to check whether I have any "notifications", which I don't usually, but there are 100's of other girls and boys posting pictures and I agree it makes me feel lonely and worthless.

To prove how un-sociable I am I am currently in my 6 weeks off school holiday (Vacation) and all I find myself doing is playing on my PlayStation 3, Computer or Watching T.V / News. My mum and dad's divorce has aged me loads as I used to think the news was "boring or lame" but now I find it interesting and am interested in local news as well as Science news.

I am glad you posted this question as it has allowed me to get this off my chest, and I would like to say Thank You. People reading this may think I am a "Pathetic Looser", and yes, I guess I am.

I know I got carried away and didn't really answer your question, sorry.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - AmBeautiful - 12-18-2012, 06:20 AM
[] - Jade M - 12-18-2012, 06:20 AM
[] - Olly - 12-18-2012 06:20 AM
[] - matt m-h - 12-18-2012, 06:20 AM