This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would make you choose to go to a Video Rental Store over renting online?
12-18-2012, 04:12 PM
What would make you choose to go to a Video Rental Store over renting online?
I want to open a video rental (well dvd, blu ray and cd) store with a difference. I am not a fan of the LOVEFILM type service as I tihnk it's restrictive, awkward and expensive. I would like something along the lines of a store where you can buy and/or rent DVDs/Blu Ray Discs and CDs (albums) at low prices with low late fees.

I have been told that the video store is dead but i dont believe it. I would also encorporate a website into the idea of the store where you could reserve movies online and have them delivered to your front door or posted.(or you can pick them up)

A website where u stream movies for a price would be fantastic but most peoples computers are not good enough to stream movies in dvd quality and now we have blu ray i think people will start renting more for the quality of the sound and picture which you cant get from torrents or streaming.

Basically I want to know if these things like:

*drop offs to your house and or postage
*large selction of snacks in store at low prices
*dvd/bluray/cd and game rental
*online reservations and purchases
*notifications to your phone/facebook etc when a rental is due back
*special offers for good customers
*comfy seating in store so you can sit and read movie blurbs
*a computer database for CUSTOMERS to see what we have in store rather than having to ask the employees all the time
*ability to buy tickets to local gigs and albums of local bands

If these aspects would make a difference to you going to video stores rather than using a LOVEFILM type thing online...?

And anything else you wana add, feel free to rant about the things you hate about video stores too!

Thanks a lot! Big Grin

Charlotte

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What would make you choose to go to a Video Rental Store over renting online? - warmagainstthecold - 12-18-2012 04:12 PM
[] - jasmine - 12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
[] - Panacea - 12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
[] - BabeHeart - 12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
[] - niccolay_gerrard - 12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
[] - sugarbeagle - 12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
[] - mguardian_north - 12-18-2012, 04:20 PM