This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what does the bible say about masturbation?
12-18-2012, 06:38 PM

I've never actually read anything about masturbation in the Bible - But in Galatians 5:19-21, Paul lists "sinful" acts - although self-pleasure in private is not listed - some other things like sexual immorality and drunkenness are. Paul however, is addressing a particular church having a particular problem ( of pagan worship, sex acts and lascivious behavior in the church itself)
I think that some so called "Christians" try to take acts of "physical or sexual" pleasure and use it as a control.
I'm a Christian and have been all my life - but I'm a conservative - and I believe that while there are physical and sexual urges - it is not the act itself that is "bad" - it is exploiting it (like in public) - obsessing over it (like that is all you ever think about) - and acting in appropriately.
Moderation in all things is a good motto to go by - and keep "Private" things private -- that means talking about it as well as doing it -- What ever your "personal" business is - doesn't have to be talked about, texted about or twittered! Also - Part of maturing and growing up is learning self - control and respect for your self, and others.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - James - 12-18-2012, 06:38 PM
[] - G - 12-18-2012, 06:38 PM
[] - John N - 12-18-2012, 06:38 PM
[] - LP - 12-18-2012, 06:38 PM
[] - Ghee - 12-18-2012 06:38 PM
[] - Mct - 12-18-2012, 06:38 PM
[] - My name is... - 12-18-2012, 06:38 PM