This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I start a free website?
12-19-2012, 10:31 AM

There is no such thing as a free domain -- not if you want a good one. Free web hosts do exist, but they have their limitations, and more often than not the headaches that come with them aren't worth even their free price. However, there are web hosts that also offer domain registration, so that you can get both in one go. Check out http://buywebspacetoday.com/ for recommended web hosts. Note that some of these web hosts do offer free domain registration if you sign up with their web hosting, so that's bound to save you some money.You don't have to spend a lot of money, by the way. A typical hosting plan that has all the features you need goes from $6 to $8 a month.

Once you get your hosting, go to your control panel and look for Fantastico. Use this tool for a one-click install of Wordpress, a content management system that will allow you to create pages, write posts, add links, and basically do a lot of stuff to create an awesome website. You can choose a free theme (there are tons to choose from) that goes with your forum's topic. You can install a free plugin to integrate a discussion forum (I would suggest bbPress). And you can even have individual members login and profiles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do I start a free website? - David - 12-19-2012, 10:23 AM
[] - Marwan - 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
[] - JoelKatz - 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
[] - Daniel J - 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
[] - Roald - 12-19-2012 10:31 AM
[] - Napster86 - 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
[] - LesterLester - 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM