This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How are these people adding me as contacts/ messaging me thru y!messenger?
01-06-2013, 05:48 PM

Even if you do not have Yahoo Messenger on that computer, you have a Yahoo Account and people can see that you have signed in, and some of them could be bots. The best thing to do if you do not use the chat feature of Yahoo Mail is to disable the chat feature or you can also make it so that only your contacts can send you messages.

A. What you need to do is locate where the chat is in Yahoo! Mail and where the status message is sign out of it which will make you Offline for chat.

1. For Yahoo! Classic Mail chat: it is located in a blue box on the left just change your status to Sign out of chat which will make you offline.

2. In the All-New Yahoo Mail you sign out of chat at the very top of the page to the right of where it says "Hi, your name" You will see a drop down arrow click and choose "Sign out of chat." Your status in for chat in Yahoo! Mail will change to offline and chat will be disabled.

For Yahoo! Classic Mail:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/cl...rF.fXnAHdG
All-New Yahoo! Mail:
http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/cg/mail/cg_chat6.html

B. To make it so that strangers and bots cannot send you messages via the chat feature of Yahoo Mail follow these steps:
Click Options>>Mail Options>>Spam Category on the left. Look for "Blocked Chat IDs" section and tick "Block chat messages from anyone who is not in my Contacts Folder." Click Save Changes at the top.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - michael s - 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM
[] - Clumsy - 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM
[] - ♫True Colors☺ - 01-06-2013 05:48 PM
[] - Jennifer Rush - 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM
[] - majulahsingapura - 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM