This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I deal with a horrible roommate?
01-07-2013, 02:15 AM

I will put in my two cents, even though I'm terrible at following this advice. I would confront her about it, and try to explain it all and ask her what is making her so upset. Try to get both sides of the story out in the open and go from there. There is always a possibility that she has some issues that she hasn't brought up, you mentioned the lack of interest in school, a lot of people become very depressed in school when the workload gets high and if they are not doing as well as they had hoped. Another thing to keep in mind is that I've noticed that roommates generally go through a period of not being able to stand each other, regardless of how much they get along normally. Usually this will naturally pass, but I've often seen if end up with both parties just ignoring each other, so I would try to bring it up. I don't know enough about this girl to know how she would react if you brought up the social media thing, she would have no reason to, but it could be possible she would think you are spying on her and get more upset. If you talk about it and you find her arguments unreasonable, which I get the impression may be the case I would recommend trying to move to a new room, especially if there is someone else you know who has a similar work ethic and such as yourself. Again, this is my impression of the situation but I'm not good at doing this, I have a pretty awful roommate right now and I'm trying to figure out how to deal with it. Good luck, I hope you can sort it out!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jack - 01-07-2013 02:15 AM