This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it dangerous to use a straightening/keratin treatment on heat damaged hair?
01-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Is it dangerous to use a straightening/keratin treatment on heat damaged hair?
I caused heat damage to my hair, I've lost a lot of it (it doesn't fall out now, I guess it was just pulled out by the iron) it isn't shiny anymore, and it's pretty broken and all different lengths. It's naturally curly but because of the constant straightening (with straightening iron) the curls are coming out. Some parts are curly some are straight so it looks horrible to wear natural. I don't want to continue using the iron but I also can't wear it curly. I was thinking that maybe permanently straightening it in a salon might help because I would no longer do anything to my hair and it may be able to grow out healthier. Would this be a bad idea? I do not want to lose any more hair. If anyone has any personal experience or hair knowledge that would really help! Also, if you could please be specific about the kind of straightening treatment I would appreciate it, thanks!!
I've heard certain treatments, maybe the brazilian treatment? makes hair fall out. I'm terrified of this, if anyone knows which one it is, that would also be a great help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is it dangerous to use a straightening/keratin treatment on heat damaged hair? - Ari-L - 01-16-2013 09:36 AM
[] - Sur La Mer - 01-16-2013, 09:43 AM