This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it weird that I like being an outcast?
01-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Is it weird that I like being an outcast?
I'm a 17 year old male, and growing up I was really shy and awkward for most of my childhood. I was a really late bloomer which caused me to be shorter and weaker than my peers, so I never played sports or did anything like that. Looking back I was a really creative kid though because I always had a lot of time on my hands (like I do now.) I did have a lot of friends throughout life until recently. I don't hang out with anybody anymore so I don't really consider anyone a close friend at least. I did realize that I'm an introvert, I mean even from when I was a kid.

For a while I was living a life that wasn't for me, so I had to distance myself from some "friends". It just seems like my generation is so fake, everybody feels compelled to use dumb websites like twitter and instagram, and I honestly don't understand why. I hate texting and talking on the phone, not the act itself but people having the most trivial conversations while doing so. I don't share any common interests with anyone because I have weird tastes, but I'm not a hipster even though I've been called one before. I feel like if a person truly wanted to get to know me they'd put some effort into it, in which case I wouldn't be hostile at all. I actually have a really unique personality and the few people I talk to on a daily basis in school enjoy my company so it's not that I'm boring or anything.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is it weird that I like being an outcast? - The Dude - 01-16-2013 09:38 AM
[] - Shoes - 01-16-2013, 09:45 AM
[] - Dave - 01-16-2013, 09:54 AM
[] - Catherine - 01-16-2013, 09:57 AM
[] - SisyphusIShappy - 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM
[] - One Click - 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM