This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(Question for transgender people) would you be offended if...?
01-16-2013, 10:10 AM

Would some be offended? Probably.

This is especially true to those early in transition who are trying to be patient as they wait for HRT to change their bodies to look more they should have. To them dysphoria is very real and very strong while their self-esteem and self-confidence are often quite low. The result of receiving a chain note like that could put them in a serious spiral. Usually the farther one gets into transition the more self-esteem/self-confident they feel as they have become more and more of their true selves.

Having finished transition several years ago receiving something like this wouldn't bother me at all. I would simply hit delete and move on. Not because it offended me, just that I don't like silly surveys/tests like that; I have better ways to spend my time.

You said: "I have a few transgender friends, a couple of which are very sensitive. I tagged them all in it without even thinking about it. I untagged them because I didn't want to offend them or do something that might make them feel upset."

Probably the smart move there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Shane Michael - 01-16-2013, 09:50 AM
[] - Eian Boyett - 01-16-2013, 09:53 AM
[] - Origi Nalname - 01-16-2013, 10:01 AM
[] - Kathryn White - 01-16-2013, 10:02 AM
[] - Jay - 01-16-2013, 10:07 AM
[] - squareslave299 - 01-16-2013 10:10 AM
[] - sapphire - 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM