This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ideas on getting my book reviewed ?
01-16-2013, 10:37 AM

Paying for reviews is bad form. When you find a reviewer willing to accept an indie book, you give them a review copy (digital or otherwise) for free. You don't pay a reviewer, because they're impartial, independent opinions that are meant to be unbiased toward you or the text. Paying someone for a review is like buying their favor. Now, there are MANY authors who do this to make their books look better on Amazon or Goodreads, but it's unscrupulous and frowned upon heavily by everyone else in the industry. So, that's good news for your budget. The bad news is that it's very hard to find the reviewers willing to accept indies.

I follow several writers and bloggers through Twitter, and occasionally mention of one such reviewer will pop up, but I've never taken advantage when they have, so I don't have specific names for you. Another good source of leads, though, is the Facebook group "Book Junkies". My best advice would be to put out your feelers, fire up the search engine for "book reviewer indie blog" and see what comes up, and get involved in the social media for yourself to establish a web-presence to spread awareness of your book, and of yourself as an author.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - The Writer - 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM
[] - Gemi - 01-16-2013, 10:32 AM
[] - luck_of_tyche - 01-16-2013 10:37 AM