This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone else think that EA has been going to far with some of their video game promotions lately?
10-12-2012, 05:14 AM
Does anyone else think that EA has been going to far with some of their video game promotions lately?
In April EA sent journalists brass knuckles (which are illegal in most states) to promote their new Godfather game, in June at E3, EA did a marketing campaign for Dante's Inferno, this time featuring fake religious protesters, and just last week at Comic Con in San Diego, they decided to run a contest asking people to "commit acts of lust" with the booth babes working at the booths. The people were then instructed to submit photos using social networking sites like Twitter or Facebook. The winner would receive "dinner and a sinful night with two hot girls, a limo service, paparazzi and a chest full of booty," while five runners-up would get a copy of the game, a $240 gift card and other game merchandise.
Does anyone else think some of these promotions are in poor taste? I'm not going to not buy their games because of this, I just think some of their marketing ploys could be a little bit more mature if you know what I mean. Does anyone else think this?
A couple of answerers need to read the question before they answer. My quote was "I'm NOT GOING TO NOT buy their games because of this, I just think some of their marketing ploys could be a little bit more mature if you know what I mean. Does anyone else think this?"
In other words, I WILL still buy games from EA. This will not stop me from buying their games. I'm just asking if anyone else thinks that the way there promoting their games is a little immature.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Does anyone else think that EA has been going to far with some of their video game promotions lately? - gamelover06 - 10-12-2012 05:14 AM
[] - Sean - 10-12-2012, 05:22 AM
[] - Andrew M - 10-12-2012, 05:22 AM
[] - thornezoo - 10-12-2012, 05:22 AM
[] - Bradley McD - 10-12-2012, 05:22 AM