This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Great Firewall 'upgrade' hits China Internet users?
01-16-2013, 12:44 PM

My answer is the impact is very limited. The simple facts are (1) majority of foreign websites are not blocked; (2) most Chinese don't read English websites at all.

For so many years, I still don't understand why the hell Chinese government has to have the firewall. In many cases, the firewall blocks a lot of pro-China websites for some reasons, isn't it funny?

In other hand, I found western countries have much better firewalls than the Chinese's - the media in western countries simply only report one-side stories - bad stories when they report China. It is much worse than the Chinese's firewall, and it hurt the world much more than the Chinese's firewall. It causes misunderstanding or even hatred in western societies toward China and Chinese. The emotion in western societies is growing - China and Chinese is a great threat to us, they are as bad as Nazi. But in fact, Chinese are no difference from any other people - work hard, make money, look after their families. The Chinese government has enough to worry within the country rather than threatening anyone in the world.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Frank - 01-16-2013 12:44 PM
[] - Simon - 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
[] - voice - 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
[] - tim arison - 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM