This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Business Marketing or Nursing a better choice for me?
01-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Is Business Marketing or Nursing a better choice for me?
Im a sophomore in college and I still am undecided on what I want to do with my life. I am currently a pre-nursing student because I like to help others and im always hearing about how great the job outlook and pay for nursing is. But I'v struggled in a few of the science classes and the more i think about it the more i wonder if i'll be happy as a nurse always being around the sick, stressed, and indoors.
Now Iv recently looked into the buisness school & specifically at marketing. Iv been doing research i dont know as much about it in details as nursing but it sounds like it offers everything i would want in a job... good pay, travel!, group projects and presentations, and not overly stressful lifestyle. Im a very social person & i feel like i would have more fun as a marketing major bc i can do an internship or even study abroad. the only problem is i dont know if im creative enough and also im not strong in math for the accounting and finance courses required. My dad also says its not a good choice for the way the economy is and its hard to find jobs, low pay, etc.

What would be a better choice for me realistically? Is it hard to get a job in marketing? is the pay good/ better than nursing?? or is nursing the wiser choice? I want a career that im happy in but also i want to make a good living. My family struggles now, paying for school is tough, i want a career that pays of the most.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is Business Marketing or Nursing a better choice for me? - leelee - 01-17-2013 07:38 AM
[] - Rachel - 01-17-2013, 07:46 AM
[] - InspectorBudget - 01-17-2013, 07:46 AM