This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this number of downloads decent on Smashwords?
01-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Is this number of downloads decent on Smashwords?
I decided to publish my first ebook on Smashwords for free, and it's a 108000 word fantasy novel. It's been up for 2 weeks, and has been downloaded 74 times and put in 7 personal libraries... I'm not familiar with Smashwords, so is this a decent amount of downloads for an unknown author and book without it being promoted at all for a fortnight?

It's still unrated, so I'm not sure how many people do reviews on Smashwords, and I'm not sure if it's sold many free copies on the other websites. I'm just wondering what other authors' experiences are in terms of self-publishing, and what do you do to promote and/or market your novel?

Thanks for your time and all answers are appreciated.
@Steven: yeah, I'm not into promoting my work as I hate feeling like I have an inflated ego and I don't want to come across as pretentious or overconfident. I didn't post a link because I thought it would be seen as spamming and I won't use Y/A to market my work or get the book noticeable. I'm just curious as to what would be a good number of downloads in the space of 2 weeks without any prior ebooks being published.

I've got a second book finished and ready to upload, and it too exceeds the 100k word count, and it's a direct sequel to my free debut novel. I thought a good strategy would be to upload the novels with a 3-4 week gap in between so people read the first novel first lol. I'm on my rough draft of a 3rd novel, and that won't be released for another 6-9 months, so maybe I should have waited a little longer before publishing any of them...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is this number of downloads decent on Smashwords? - Rex - 01-17-2013 10:19 AM
[] - Steven J Pemberton - 01-17-2013, 10:27 AM