This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to be social with ppl?
01-17-2013, 08:21 PM
How to be social with ppl?
I'm 21 & I have always been quiet pretty much all my life. I only talk when spoken 2 when I'm at school. It's just my introvert personality. Ppl complain about me being this way but I just can't help it. Im content in being quiet i rather observe and say things when i want to. this is my biggest flaw that i have I'm really a nice & friendly caring person but ppl at times view my quietness as something negative. I just don't know what the hell to say. I'm like this becuz my education and speech isnt that great and how I grew up. My father wasn't in my life so I don't know how to deal with guys today (I avoid them) & my mom didn't really talk to me growing up..her mother (my grandma) didnt as well. My family has always been judgmental so i always stayed to myself and in my room. It has played a major part in my life today..becuz of my quietness i dont hang out w/ ppl i do know I only talk 2 them on fb, twitter or text sometimes. I'm not a partier I rather be at home drinking with close ppl im comfortable around than to be at a loud bar or something. I wish and pray often that I can just snap out of it and become outgoing like my sister and younger brother but its hard for me. I had a therapist but I had to stop seeing her because I don't have any insurance to cover the sessions anymore. I don't know what else to do. I've applied at tons of jobs so I could boost my confidence and social skills but I never get any calls back bcuz of my lack of experience or poor communication at interviews. Tonight I had cousins come over from out of town and my mom entertained I just sat back and observed and said things at times but mostly I was quiet. And they could tell too. I hate this. I just don't know what to say. I don't have any jokes, stories, or information to offer ppl. Can someone give me any suggestions on how I can Be more open??? I want to beat this. I want friends, family, and a bf for once in my life. What can I do? I hope I explained this right.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to be social with ppl? - kay_burrr - 01-17-2013 08:21 PM
[] - Answer - 01-17-2013, 08:29 PM
[] - Mintie - 01-17-2013, 08:29 PM
[] - Sweet Solitude - 01-17-2013, 08:29 PM
[] - cer.beru5 - 01-17-2013, 08:29 PM