This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would be a good all around computer for college?
01-20-2013, 06:12 AM

Well, for college you might want a MAC but I am talking from Windows perspective. If you are not doing heavy duty video and audio editing than you really won't need i7 processor. In fact I think an i3 will work fine because i5 is not such a big step from i3. Once again with just word processing, internet browsing, and simple tasks like that I think 4 GB is more than enough, but if you do play some games you might want a few gigs more like 6 GB. A good computer on the market right now is Dell's Inspiron Series. Now....these do have Windows 8, which in my opinion is horrible but if you get it used or online you can get Windows 7 or even Vista. MAC's are really good computers too, but really expensive. Another thing to think about is the safety of the computer. I am talking about malware and viruses. MAC's are immune to pretty much every kind of virus but do still get malware and spyware like Trojans & Rouge Software. Good brands for Windows are Dell, Samsung, and HP. Acer and Asus in my opinion are really bad quality.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - John - 01-20-2013, 06:12 AM
[] - William - 01-20-2013 06:12 AM
[] - Dean - 01-20-2013, 06:12 AM