This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I honestly improve this facebook page?
01-21-2013, 04:24 AM

The first thing people read is the description, and honestly, my initial impression was that you were trying to advertise your twitter and app (which I can totally understand, it's just that that might put people off). It might be better to make it clear that it's a fan page for MCR fans, particularly those from Boston, and make your aim clear - to post reliable information? To bring together a community of fans? To allow fans to meet others near them?

Also, as you've noticed, it's important to post news quickly and cite your sources - which you are doing. However, you probably should break it up a little and post things that allow people to discuss their opinions. There are so many pages out there, facebook and non-facebook, that are very well known within the MCRmy for their reliable information, so you should make your site more unique. DON'T post random things like "I had chicken for dinner". Fanpages that do that suck. Also don't post rumours, although you probably know that already! DO post tidbits about the band - "did you know...?" "What's your favourite song?" "Are you looking forward to the next CW?"

A couple of things you can do that will draw lots of attention to your page - 1) Run a contest or 2) Organise a meet up.

If you have an MCR-related item you don't want (not likely, I know!) or you have a few $$ to spare to buy a poster or something, try running a contest. Make sure there are rules like "you must like our facebook page or follow our twitter", but advertise it all over the place! The second option doesn't cost anything but is more stressful. Organise a meet up for MCRmy Boston fans in a place & time that suits most, then advertise advertise advertise! Say "like our facebook page for more details", and at the actual meet up you could give out business cards for your facebook/twitter/other accounts (make them yourself or buy them if you feel like it). Hope that helps.

Ultimately, it is a page for MCR fans in Boston - whilst anybody anywhere can like the page, it's likely to be people from in and around that area, so it might not get too many likes. Perhaps you could say in the description that everybody is welcome?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Some guy - 01-21-2013, 04:24 AM
[] - Kez - 01-21-2013 04:24 AM