This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why multicultural is good for Canada?
01-22-2013, 10:20 AM

When I lived in Oakville, (GTA), I had many friends who were Korean, Chinese, Portuguese, and white. I found this to be normal, and I really saw no difference, I was just interested in their different cultures, and ways of looking at things. I had an african american youth pastor, and I likesd him more than some of the white ones, because of his personality.

When we moved to small town, near Kitchener , the highschool I go to has maybe 4 or 5 people of different ethnicities, and the rest are white. After 4 years now, unfortunately, I find myself having racist thoughts pop into my head, and then I quickly dismiss them.

I think it's important to have multiculturalism, because (especially for those who can't travel), it's a way to keep us out of our own 'bubble' of we're better than everyone else.
Culture needs to learn tolerance and love, and multiculturalism is one practical way of maintaining this. Being surrounded by different ethnicities, forces us to look past skin colour, and looks, and focus on more important aspects such as personality, so that we find that we're really all the same, and can learn from others.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Comicbook Reader - 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM
[] - Curious - 01-22-2013 10:20 AM
[] - Shawn Robin - 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM