This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LUPE FIASCO'S ALBUM LASERS?
10-12-2012, 08:06 AM

I'm shocked at how many intelligent regs are naive enough to think an online petition means ANYTHING. Read this article:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE CALL ATLANTIC RECORDS. Flood their voicemails and email inboxes with complaints about their treatment of Lupe Fiasco's album. Tell them you will cease to support Atlantic records music and they have lost a consumer. I swear to god if you people put as much effort into something practical like this as you did these online petitions the album would be in stores by Tuesday.

EDIT: LOL. Atlantic doesn't give 2 shits about an online petition. Even if it shows up on their radar, and, so what? If you're not directing your outrage to the people who actually have the power to change anything, all the features on hip hop websites still won't do a damn thing.

And to the person who said it's for publicity. That's plausible but unlikely. I think what really happened is that Atlantic got really pissed off when Lupe, one of their rising stars, announced that he's retiring after his third album. Despite being obligated to make several more under his contract.

So the label is playing politics and saying "oh you don't want to make more albums or make the type of music we want you to, well we'll just shelve this one and put your career on hold. We made you, we can break you"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - edward k - 10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
[] - smooth lyricist - 10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
[] - agreeableBastard725 - 10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
[] - Christopher Ellis - 10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
[] - B.k.S. - 10-12-2012 08:06 AM
[] - obedientvacation736 - 10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
[] - soulsister - 10-12-2012, 08:06 AM