This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does market economy have any place for poor people and for human values - love, sacrifice, morality,character?
01-23-2013, 12:26 PM

Would you please get off the liberal agenda here and begin thinking these things through? Are you suggesting that income equality, resulting from moving wealth from the productive to the non-productive is in the best interests of this nation? (By the way, I think you mean to say "free-market economy"). As SDD stated, free enterprise and the ability to earn virtually unllimited profits allows for the growth of our economy, improved states of infrastructure, further job opportunities for the lower class, and the incentive to invent, create, and produce. This leads to advancements in technology, medicine, and any other field imaginable that keeps the people in this country living a "humane" day to day life. I would much rather have a system where perhaps 1 in 100 capitalists have immoral and greedy intentions that can be dealt with by the Justice System, than having a highly regulated market in which there are no freedoms, no production, and thus no "greed." As far as your argument concerning economic growth and the environment, scientists are by no means in agreement that human pollution is a big enough contributor to result in "detrimental" effects to the environment. Growth is inevitably going to result in the development of land, and no matter what type of economy is in place, this will occur. A state run economy would do no better, I assure you, in protecting the environment. I urge you to analyze the current situations in North Korea and China.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Eric - 01-23-2013, 12:26 PM
[] - SDD - 01-23-2013, 12:26 PM
[] - John Wayne - 01-23-2013 12:26 PM
[] - rdappa - 01-23-2013, 12:26 PM