This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is "Twitter", or what does it mean?
09-30-2012, 12:10 PM

Go to twitter.com and read all the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) to understand Twitter and what you can do with it. Basically, the Twitter people act as a central point for you to broadcast short (140 characters or less) text messages (or you can enter a message from the twitter website) to a 'following' you have of people who read your twitter messages.
You can also sign on to follow other people's twitter messages. It's just a way or text messaging or messaging a huge bunch of people at once if you want to. And reading what other people are doing without being involved with them.
For instance, I follow Jimmy Fallon's tweets (I think that is what the message is called) and of course I don't know the guy. And I didn't have to ask his permission to get his tweets. He's probably got thousands of people getting his updates.
I also follow Ashton Kutcher's tweets. And my sister-in-law's (they are a WHOLE lot less interesting).
Some people send a lot of tweets from their cell phones all day: 'I'm getting in my car and going to work now.' 'I'm stuck in traffic AGAIN' 'I can't believe the cafeteria doesn't have relish for burgers' 'I'm crying because I got a bad grade' blah, blah, blah.
I also follow Tony Robbins, the motivational speaker. Some of his tweets are - motivational!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - D: - 09-30-2012, 12:10 PM
[] - bebo♥ - 09-30-2012, 12:10 PM
[] - kathyw - 09-30-2012 12:10 PM