This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How should I have handled this woman going off on me?
01-25-2013, 02:25 PM

Your roommate's mother was totally out of line. If she goes off on you again, I think you should simply get up, say that these issues are between you and your roommate and no one else knows what the situation actually is, that you're both adults, then leave the room until she is gone.

That said, you did start this drama by posting about your roommate on Twitter.

If you are in a dorm, talk to your RA (or whatever the supervisor is called where you are). Ask for help in either getting a new roommate or talking this situation through. If you remain in the room together, you need to agree on basic ground-rules for dealing with cleaning, etc.

Also talk with your RA about how to address problems directly with people. It can be tough to learn how to do this respectfully, but you need to learn because if you continue to go behind people's backs to complain, you will constantly find yourself dealing with drama. Also, dealing with problems as soon as they arise--rather than getting gradually more irritated and then flipping out--is the way to avoid drama.

P.S. It is great that you recognize your problems... Like where you say that your mentality can be immature. But you can't use that as an excuse. You need to deal with things as an adult because you are one. Seriously, talk to your RA to get advice about how to deal with these things.

Good luck.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Antst - 01-25-2013 02:25 PM
[] - Common Sense - 01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
[] - John Wayne Fan - 01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
[] - aquarivadream - 01-25-2013, 02:25 PM