This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gun worshipers, what is the likelihood that you will one day pick up arms and stop Obama's tyranny?
01-25-2013, 05:33 PM

vrzz, step away from the crack pipe.

Only a fool would think our country is in such rotten shape from one political party and one administration.

Edit: I understand what YOU are saying. But you don't seem to understand what I am saying.

The people who "need my guns to protect them-self from a tyrannical government" are the people who have the most common sense in this country. Our founding fathers foresaw the dangers of a populace that could be controlled by a tyranny and so we have the 2nd Amendment.

Please do us all a favor and be more objective and read this for your own good.
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/const...endment02/

I don't worship guns or bibles but do have a belief in a higher power. I also believe that freedom is worth the cost of fighting and dieing for it.

Edit 2: @ your comment to Pragmatism, when you start believing that our government has the power to become a tyranny and you don't have the ability to stop them is when you need to really become concerned about being a free citizen.

Thomas Jefferson said, "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Edit 3: I can't for one moment accept any of your pitiful excuse for rational dialogue. The military is comprised of working class people. The police force is comprised of working class people. The jails are run by working class people.

Personally, I believe your thoughts that an army comprised of husbands, wives, and children are going to move on and against their own family, is more insane than the notion that a tyranny can overcome the will of the American people.

You really aren't getting it are you?

@ Pragmatism, you see through Republican eyes. I used to see through Democrat eyes. Now I just consider myself an American living in a country run by politicians who bail out banks and corporations with our tax dollars and then shove us off a fiscal cliff to rob us of the rest of our money. Our government is the first to go after the poor and defenseless citizens while living in the lap of luxury. Our government used extension of Emergency Unemployment Compensation right after the recession of 2008 as a bargaining chip to get the Bush tax cuts for millionaires extended. People were losing their homes and running out of food and yet our government played politics with their lives!

And you don't see anything wrong with this picture?

Edit 4 @ Pragmatism: It's not that I am putting words in your mouth, I'm just trying to get you to take the blinders off of your eyes.

I just described a tyranny to you and I keep hearing you say, "I don't see it, I don't see it, I don't see it."

tyranny, n.-Syn. oppression, cruelty, severity...etc.

When our government let's its people suffer while playing games with their lives to score political points for their lobbyist friends and Wall St, what part of that don't you understand as being a tyranny?

From where I'm sitting it couldn't be any clearer. Maybe where you are sitting things look much differently?

How far out on the frozen lake do you want to walk until you discover that it's too late to turn back? There is a tipping point where you will never come back from and we just might be standing on that point.

You can't continue to kick the can down the road if there's a brick wall at the end of the road can you?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - thomas - 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
[] - PoBoy - 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
[] - phil - 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
[] - WinonaGal - 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
[] - Iron_Plague - 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
[] - Pragmatism Please - 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
[] - arnie - 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
[] - The Tramp - 01-25-2013 05:33 PM
[] - Apocalypse Cow - 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM