This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I feel like my bf is taking over my passion and co-opting it. Am I being too sensitive and personal about it?
01-28-2013, 11:19 AM
I feel like my bf is taking over my passion and co-opting it. Am I being too sensitive and personal about it?
My BF tends to start things and never finishes them. I supported his decision to start making Iphone Apps and actually help pay for a lot of the expense but it never got done. Then he took on the cause of solar energy and that lasted all of two months but I still was there when he wanted to meet with businesses and look at classes etc. Then there was this whole social media thing which again lasted maybe 3 months. I am a Masters student and I'm dedicating my research to an environmental cause. I have been working on this issue for over 6 years and have made great connections. The other day he met one of my idols who was also an employer of mine and had a chat about the issues we worked on. Somehow the next day he created a twitter account and is now 'advocating' for it. I feel like this is another hobby he picked up and it belittles everything I work for when he thinks he can just adopt it like its a sweater. Yes, in a sense I'm being elitist, but I believe in thinking before you advocate, especially with social media where people can come back at you and you have to be educated to respond. I don't assume that I can speak on behalf of electric car issue just by seeing a documentary. I love that he's intelligent and supports what I do. But somehow I'm uncomfortable with it. I'm being territorial and I dont know why. Am I being irrational? pls help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I feel like my bf is taking over my passion and co-opting it. Am I being too sensitive and personal about it? - Maya - 01-28-2013 11:19 AM
[] - ? - 01-28-2013, 11:27 AM
[] - Breath on the Wind - 01-28-2013, 11:27 AM