This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone else wish items Purchased could be assembled without tools?
01-29-2013, 02:19 AM

I'd say that anyone who has trouble assembling furniture with the simple tools and fasteners that are now used on most customer-assembled furniture will also have trouble with snap-together furniture. With many things that snap together, you better get it exactly right the first time, because taking it apart if you made a mistake is usually impossible. A snap-together piece of furniture might be fine for a very simple item like a footstool or a box, something that doesn't need to hold much weight, but I could see problems with something more complicated.

I have assembled literally hundreds of pieces of furniture in my work. I never have any trouble. But I've seen co-workers who could hardly assemble anything without a meltdown. Why? They didn't check that all the parts were there in the correct quantities, they didn't lay out all the pieces so they could see what they had, they didn't read the instructions, they skipped steps or did things in the wrong order, they didn't do a "dry run" without fasteners at each step, and then they got mad when the stuff didn't go together like it should. People who approach assembling things like that will always have problems no matter what they're assembling.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Casey - 01-29-2013, 02:19 AM
[] - Richard S - 01-29-2013, 02:19 AM
[] - Karen L - 01-29-2013 02:19 AM
[] - Pete J - 01-29-2013, 02:19 AM