This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leave it blank or add in Stay-at-home mom in my resume?
01-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Leave it blank or add in Stay-at-home mom in my resume?
Ok. I have been off the market for about 2 years after I quit my job in June 2011 to take care of my son at home.

I plan to go back to work, most probably in June next year. Well, I am sending my son to Montessori in March 2013 and will start to look for a job by then.

What is the best thing to put in my resume for the period of time when I have not been working? Should I elaborate on what I did as a Stay-at-home mom or just mention that I have been off the market to take care of my son?

In case you want to now the reason I quit to stay at home:

The reason I quit was because I could not juggle between work and family. I spent more time at work and did not have a good relationship with my son. I did not know how to take care of him and was even terrified if my husband leave me alone with my son, even at time. I was just bad at handling babies and my husband was totally the opposite.

Well, when I saw that the relationship between my son and I got from bad to worse (he refuse to go home when I pick him up from his nanny's), I told myself that I need do something about it. That was when I decided to quit my job and be a stay-at-home mom.

The first 2 months was hell for both of us but things got better. Now, we have a very good relationship. I would love to continue to take care of him but on the other hand, I think it is time for him to learn to be independent and start having a social life.

And I loved my job. I could return to my previous job but we have plans to move to a different place so I need to get a new job.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Leave it blank or add in Stay-at-home mom in my resume? - sassy girl - 01-29-2013 09:35 AM
[] - Kabagnot - 01-29-2013, 09:43 AM