This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What kind of attacks on the Second Amendment do you expect?
01-29-2013, 11:47 PM

They'll start with attempting to put the Brady bill back without a sunset clause. It's what passed before, it may get refreshed to dump the weapons that aren't really made any more, but I doubt it. Plus it includes their main two pieces: the "assault weapons" - ARs and AKs, and hit's the capacity restriction at 10 rounds.

Thinkingblade

Edit: So, I've thought about the "what can we do to stop them?" question most of the day. In fact, I've been thinking about it for quite some time.

Here is what I think: I think we need to start on the attack of blaming those deaths on those people who try and push for gun control legislation.

More so then ever, we actually have a closed loop of the ineffectuality of gun control:
FACT: Illegal arms trafficing data from Fast and Furious tells us that strawman sales right next to a Cartel border represents less than a percent or two depending on the time slice of the illegal firearms brought into the us. This has been cooborated historically over the last 20 years many times.

RESULT? Criminals can ALWAYS arm themselves illegally. In fact further restrictions on legal purchase drives the continuing availability of a black market - it's a variant of the Prohibition problem.

FACT: In the US the highest per capita violent crime rates occur in unarmed cities. The highest occurrence of mass shootings occur in "gun free" zones and has since the policies came into effect. The Colorado shooter specifically targeted a "gun free" theater and said so in court because he wanted to the survive the incident.

RESULT? Gun Free Zones are targeted as Helpless Victim Zones and we see it over and over again.

FACT: The data clearly shows that, depending on exactly how you want to define the circumstance, guns safe half a million or more innocent lives a year.

RESULT: Those people's children live.

So ask the question - why are gun control advocates such selfish cowards that they refuse to take up their part of the social contract of providing a safe society? How many dead children do they have to see before they start to realize that what they believe has not worked in 3,000 years dating back to the Babylonian cultures? What death toll do they have to reach before they accept that they are actively part of the problem?

Because the answers of "I shouldn't have to!" Or "I'm not going to put myself at risk!" Or "I abhore violence, I can't do that!"

All pale in the light of what is on the other side ... that they value those things more than the 27 dead children in Colorado today. That they value that more than the lives of the 20 people in the movie theater in Colorado, or the people in the mall in Oregon. Ask them how they can look their own family in the face when they are committing that they won't value them enough to protect them.

Ask.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Chris - 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM
[] - DunbarPappy®ϟϟ - 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM
[] - thinkingblade - 01-29-2013 11:47 PM
[] - Mr.357 - 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM
[] - gentlebed019 - 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM
[] - America the stupid - 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM
[] - Glacierwolf - 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM
[] - Dana H - 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM