This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thinking of starting my own business on Ebay?
01-31-2013, 06:39 PM

Now is a very good time to start this kind of thing. Get into the habit of it. How I started was one day I found myself in a trade store (looking for 12 volt switches iirc) where I saw I could buy something (I can't say what, might poison the market... seriously) for less money than I'd recently paid for the same thing on ebay.

I realised if I'd put my own stingy paw into my pocket and part with real money for it, LOTS of other ppl must do too. So I bought ten of them and sold them with about 4 quid profit each. Then made a long list of other stuff the store had that I'd bought some time recently, weighed them all so I knew what the postage costs were gonna be and checked out what each were selling for on ebay. Less than one in ten looked good so those were the ones I started selling.

So find out where traders buy their stuff from, go there and make a list. See what things sell for on ebay then come back with weighing scales. You need genuine trade stores although I made profit on non-slip matting from poundland for a while. Trade magazines/newspapers would be a good place to look.

Forget containers from China - That's for much much later when you know what ur doing.

Good Luck!

(PS - No u can't do the fake DoB thing - Don't EVER cheat the system ur relying on to help you sell stuff - could have long lasting consequences u just can't imagine right now. Do anything you can except break rules)

LMAO - someone gave me thumbs down... WTH is wrong with what I said?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jeff - 01-31-2013, 06:39 PM
[] - - - 01-31-2013, 06:39 PM
[] - iRant'sDog - 01-31-2013 06:39 PM
[] - Jo W - 01-31-2013, 06:39 PM