This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I Think Someone Is Using My e-Mail?
02-01-2013, 07:41 PM

This happened to me...

basicly, someone (most likely through a computer virus downloaded whilst streaming something or from a form you entered online) has hacked your email. The emails are sent to you to in hope that you will reply with sensitive information ie bank numbers etc. So DO NOT REPLY.

No one is using your email to open bank accounts, dont worry, they would need your id to do that
They cant get any more info (other than your email/ name) unless you tell them.

1.)Contact hotmail with the email addresses they are coming from as they need to know to block them

2.) upgrade your anti virus software

a few other good practice tip s for internet/information safety are

* Try not to to put personal info ie email/ tel number on facebook or twitter etc.If you chose to then make sure you change your privay setting to only people you know other wise anyone in the world has ur email etc

* IF you get called by a company (ie the bank) they often ask you for security details. Do not give them out unless you are sure who you are talking to.

ie some one might phone you and say " hi I am Mrs Jones from HSBC I am calling because I need to discuss a bank error with you, but can you please confirm some details so i know who you are ie name, dob, address etc? ' 99% of the time its real but not always. you can ask them to prove who they are or to give you their number so you can check it and phone them back.

Dont panic, i got emails posing as my friends in my address book directing me to dodgy sites because someone hacked my email. just contact your email provider and be careful with your personal info.

hope this helps x x x
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - LOL - 02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
[] - Rioet Sursa - 02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
[] - Sujendra - 02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
[] - pakhet2006 - 02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
[] - Davy B - 02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
[] - JjZara - 02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
[] - sophie h - 02-01-2013 07:41 PM
[] - YahooAnisa - 02-01-2013, 07:41 PM