This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Employed but want to go back to college for social work degree?
02-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Employed but want to go back to college for social work degree?
I want to go back to college.

I decided this months ago but with my parents and all my loved ones forcing me out into the job market, I finally luckily found a job in my IT field. I am grateful and thankful that I have been awarded the opportunity to work. It was a tough journey to find it, and I am blessed.

The pay starts at around 10-17 dollars an hour and the benefits are good. I want to go back to college, but the problem is this employment is full time with no budging. I want to start college in about 7 months, Fall of 2013 for a social work degree. I hear it is a messed up job and this and that, but ultimately I want to pursue my education even further. The college I chose is great because it offers a degree program for a very cheap cost, however, the degree program is not virtual or on-line at all. I am certain it would not be possible to attend part time university and work full time as I would have to be physically in class, and this job is dayshift, 9-5.

I only have an associate's degree in IST and I honestly feel uncertain about it. I don't want to stop at the associate's degree in IST, nor do I want to further my education for more IST. I want a completely different field for my Bachelor's and Master's degrees. I would love to teach at the University level and have my own clinic to help people...I have a passion for it. I am a little socially awkward but I feel like I could overcome that. I have an admiration for helping and changing people's lives for the better!

What do I do Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Employed but want to go back to college for social work degree? - насќег - 02-02-2013 03:04 AM
[] - Elle - 02-02-2013, 03:12 AM