This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How was the Internet a turning point in history?
02-02-2013, 04:28 AM

Just for me, the internet pretty much made it possible for me to hold down my last job for quite a long time. I literally had no coworkers, so boards like the Straight Dope and Mellophant gave me someone to talk to around the watercooler, in a manner of speaking.

Facebook has kept me in touch with friends who otherwise I probably wouldn't hear from much. On the other hand, I think it killed my 25th high school reunion. There was a very bad turnout, and it makes sense when you think about it...anyone who cares about seeing people from HS is already in touch with them on FB.

On a less personal level, I've heard that ebay has really killed the collectables market. Not that people don't collect anymore, but it's so easy to find pieces on ebay that it's killed the rare factor, and the prices of a lot of them has collapsed.

Those are a few I can think of off the top of my head. Does anyone else have any examples of how the internet has changed us and the way we live?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Mike - 02-02-2013, 04:28 AM
[] - Clint - 02-02-2013 04:28 AM