This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is double majoring hard?
02-02-2013, 11:53 AM

Hi, it doesn't make sense to double major in two completely different fields because you either want to become a lawyer or a pharmacist, which is it? It's impossible to do both and you'll be drowning in 10x more debt than any other college student + the course load. You won't have much of a social life as you'll be spending most of your weekends in intense studying. Sorry to be blunt, but it's easier said than done. And I am not saying it's impossible but it doesn't make sense to double major in pharmacy and law because they're both completely different fields. And on another note, there's no such major as pharmacy or law. Most pharmacy students major in a science (ie, biology or chemistry). For law school however, the major itself doesn't really matter to law school admissions (ex: you can major in art history or molecular-biology) and still get accepted into law school, however the majority or law student major in philosophy because there's a lot of it with the law.

EDIT: Also, you may want to do research on the job market for recent law graduates, it is really horrible. I don't know where you live, but in the states the recession has dramatically effected the job market causing recent law graduates to NOT find any jobs for the first two years, a lot of law students have been working in retail to re-pay their student loans/debts. My cousin graduated law school in 2010 and still has not been able to find a decent job as her and many of her lawyer friends have been working in malls. There are tons of articles online you can find about this. Just do your research, be smart about your decisions, and keep trying if you're truly passionate about becoming either a pharmacist or a lawyer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is double majoring hard? - Joyce - 02-02-2013, 11:45 AM
[] - J - 02-02-2013, 11:53 AM
[] - Ellie - 02-02-2013 11:53 AM