This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people like this exist?
02-03-2013, 05:17 AM

In the US, football or baseball players are looked up to. The rapists in this case are football players. And football is very big in their town, so they're even more revered than usual.

People who are looked up to can get away with a lot of heinous things that a regular person can't get away with. For example, when the first rape charges against Jerry Sandusky came out, most of the community attacked the victim and some even marched in the streets in support of Sandusky.

The rapists in this case have had a reputation of being rapists in that community for a long time. This is not the first time. Even so, the community forgives them. They're probably thinking: who cares that they raped Joe's kid, they didn't rape my kid, and I like football. The community has an icy cold attitude to the suffering of the victims just because the rapists are football players.

It's human nature. It's pure animal instinct. It may not look like that because people are the only animals that rationalize their animal instincts using language. But I think that's what it is.

I don't think people are any less scary than wild tigers or wolves. If they can get away with it, they will do some scary things to others.

Zestfully Clean: I think what got into their heads is that they've been treated in a special way for a long time. It made them think they're above others, and made them bold. They've gotten away with similar stuff before, which makes them think nothing of doing it again. And so far, it seems like they're right. They are getting away with rape. It's partly what I meant by human nature. Maybe not on the outside, but inside, people are cold toward each other. That's why they care more about not having a glitch in their enjoyment of football than a girl getting raped. So they're willing to look the other way.

And I do think it has to do with the fact that they're football players, because football is HUGE in that town. It's pretty much the only thing the town has going for itself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why do people like this exist? - RD - 02-03-2013, 05:09 AM
[] - Shelby - 02-03-2013, 05:17 AM
[] - Zestfully Clean - 02-03-2013, 05:17 AM
[] - shushi dimsum - 02-03-2013 05:17 AM