This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have total market value of 11,000.00 in a company pension that generates 5.8 percent interest.?
02-03-2013, 03:55 PM

Q: How much will I receive?
A: This is a question for your plan administrator. Some pension plans offer a choice of a lump sum distribution, a single life annuity (monthly payments for life), or some combination of the two. Your administrator can provide you with an estimate of your final benefit for all options.

Q: What taxes do I pay?
A: If you rollover your lump sum to a Rollover IRA (highly recommended), when you decide to start taking periodic distributions, you will pay federal income tax on those distributions for the tax year in which you receive them. You'll get a 1099-R and put the amounts on lines 15 or 16 of the 1040. So the amount you'll pay in taxes on the distributions is dependent on your tax bracket. It works just like other Traditional IRAs and annuities if you have them -- you don't have any tax liability until you start taking distributions. If you take the entire lump sum as a distribution when you retire instead of rolling it over, you'll owe taxes on the entire amount.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - cactusgene - 02-03-2013, 03:55 PM
[] - mracquire - 02-03-2013 03:55 PM
[] - Bobbie - 02-03-2013, 03:55 PM
[] - Richard Anderson - 02-03-2013, 03:55 PM