This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
could an immigration reform help the housing market ?
02-03-2013, 05:25 PM

I'm an unemployed Construction worker who worked 11 years.
What has been going on is disgraceful.
For example, my company Sub-Contracts illegal alien workers from outside the Home Depot. They can't read or write, much less speak English. They go by what they see us do. They can't read directions on how to operate equipment safely. So if someone gets hurt, they are replaced with another illegal. They don't have to pay workman's comp. They also don't get quality work done. These illegals don't care what they do today because tomorrow they might not be at this job site anyways.

Construction companies cut costs that way. They hire cheap labor as Sub-Contractors and it is completely L-E-G-A-L in the US to pay these guys cash by the day.

So they circumvent paperwork. The illegals work for $8-10 an hr while we work for $15 and up. Naturally they hire illegals. Naturally guys like me are out of a job.

As long as it's legal to hire Sub-Contractors, the housing market will be lousy workmanship,

Figure that as long as illegals are working in the US, they will be sending US Dollars back to their homeland families even if they got amnesty. The dollar flow out is considerable and will only stop when the illegals are no longer allowed to work in the US.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - bigvossman - 02-03-2013, 05:25 PM
[] - Foofa - 02-03-2013, 05:25 PM
[] - ibu guru - 02-03-2013, 05:25 PM
[] - Nick Delba - 02-03-2013 05:25 PM