This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breaking up advice please help :(?
02-13-2013, 04:25 AM

Hey hun! Firstly, try to relax. Take deep breaths, and realize that soon you will be feeling very different and all this sadness will seem so far away. Put things in perspective. I have some questions for you, I think these will help you find an answer for yourself.
1. How much do you love him? Is he the love of your life, if you believe in that? Do you wanna spend the rest of your life with him?
2. Obviously, he has made you feel this way before. He is doing the same thing again. Do you feel angry? Do you feel like he doesn't have the right to make you feel this way over and over again?
3. Do you think your relationship has reached its expiration date?
4. Do you feel like you could move on after a while if you guys break up?

My advice would depend on your answers to these questions. Generally, if he is the love of your life, he's worth anything. But this does not mean that he has the right to do this to you every time he feels conflicted or whatever he's feeling right now. Sometimes, you have to let someone go to save the relationship. I know it feels very, very counter-intuitive. Believe me, I've been where you are now. It is tough, but sometimes you just have to stop trying to save the relationship, show the other person that you can stand up for yourself and let him go if he's not treating you right. Then just stop talking to them. If it is meant to be, he will realize how much he had lost by leaving you, and will come back. At this point, you should not accept him immediately, but make sure he has understood his mistakes and won't repeat them. If you just don't let him go and frantically try to avoid breaking up, you'll drive him away and will probably ruin the relationship in the long run.

Trust issues can be worked through if both sides are willing to. BUt seems to me like he forgot how much you matter to him. Let him go. Make it seem like it is your mutual decision to break up, that would be the best. If you still matter a lot to him, and if it is meant to be, he will come back within a month. It will be tough and very, very depressing, but it might be the only way to save the relationship.

If he's not the love of your life, you should still break up with him. Because than you can move on, and actually find the love of your life. This will hurt, but if you feel like he's not the one for you, this definitely marks the end of your relationship. Some things have to end to make room for better things.

Try to put things in perspective by thinking about the next month, the next year, and then the next 10 years. THink where you wanna be, and with whom you wanna be with. Put your emotions aside, and make a decision. Then deal with the emotions your decision leads to. If you only take your emotions into account, things will go badly.

Good luck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Alexis - 02-13-2013, 04:25 AM
[] - brendon - 02-13-2013, 04:25 AM
[] - Arthur W - 02-13-2013, 04:25 AM
[] - silversiren28 - 02-13-2013, 04:25 AM
[] - dealwithit - 02-13-2013, 04:25 AM
[] - puop - 02-13-2013 04:25 AM