This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do cockateils make good pets? Poo a lot? What are the monthly expenses? Are they too loud for apartments?
02-14-2013, 08:35 AM

I loved my cockatiel, but we moved and i didn't have room for his big cage. A manager at the pet store took him to be her personal pet.

He did have some annoying chirping habits, but mostly he whistled and tried to talk. The chirping wouldn't have been loud enough to disturb neighbors had we lived in a apartment. Here's a video if you can open the link of my cockatiel and my dog.

Some cockatiels are friendlier than others. This one could be very loving, or he could suddenly get angry and peck me. If you can open the you tube video, it shows him attacking my husband's arm!! He would let me pet his head and rub under his wings. He loved that.

They do poo randomly, but i read that if you want to control it then you just feed them at certain times of the day rather than leaving their seeds or veggies/fruit out all the time. I never tried that technique. There poo is pretty small.

Monthly expenses are not bad. See previous person's answer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - nursek - 02-14-2013 08:35 AM
[] - debbie - 02-14-2013, 08:35 AM
[] - Duckyfuz - 02-14-2013, 08:35 AM
[] - silverbullet - 02-14-2013, 08:35 AM
[] - RedFeather - 02-14-2013, 08:35 AM