This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do cockateils make good pets? Poo a lot? What are the monthly expenses? Are they too loud for apartments?
02-14-2013, 08:35 AM

They aren't too expensive per month. I'm not rich, and I have two cockatiels and four budgies, and do just fine with them. Poop a lot? Maybe every 20 minutes to half-hour or so - but their poop isn't too bad, and it does wash out of clothing.

They make great pets! They are generally very sweet, from my experience. They have different personalities from bird to bird, of course, but they're gentle, sweet and affectionate, for the most part. Mine love to have their heads scratched - can't guarantee that all 'tiels will want that, but they often do love a good scritch. I've found that with mine - if you pay attention to their warnings that you're bothering them by doing something, they won't usually bite you hard - they'll give a warning first - they'll squawk and you and act as if they're biting your finger, even though it doesn't hurt. Heed the warning, you won't get bitten.

I live in an apartment, with all six of my birds. They aren't too loud. One of my 'tiels does like to make a lot of noise sometimes, but usually it's him whistling and saying "pretty bird," so it's fun listen to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - nursek - 02-14-2013, 08:35 AM
[] - debbie - 02-14-2013, 08:35 AM
[] - Duckyfuz - 02-14-2013, 08:35 AM
[] - silverbullet - 02-14-2013, 08:35 AM
[] - RedFeather - 02-14-2013 08:35 AM