This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It seems First Nations people are really peeved about this Bill C45. Why is the rest of Canada so apathetic?
02-16-2013, 04:30 AM

Perhaps because a good many Canadians hold the same ignorant attitudes that Dowlling and Kenoplayer do. So yes......a good many Canadians DO NOT care. And won't care....until it is their own land, or home being threatened.

Free college or university of their choice? News to me. I competed for a SCHOLARSHIP, against four other students....The money for said scholarship was raised by four different Anishinaabe bands here in Ontario, who have a union. I BEAT the other four students out, due to my grades, activity in the community, and because it had to do with my hockey abilities. The other three students used OSAP to go to college. As did my sister, and brother. OSAP. NOT "free" tuition. NONSENSE! When I decided to return to school again, for a different degree....I USED OSAP. When I return this winter semester for yet another degree, I will again be using OSAP.

I live half the year on Reserve...half the year in the city, to be closer to my mother who was fighting cancer. I pay ALL taxes. I don't pay property tax on the Reserve....because guess who owns ALL the land on the Reserve? The government.....it is held in trust by them, for our USE. I can't buy property there. I can only reside there. If I want to cut down a tree that was near ready to fall on my house....I had to petition the crown for PERMISSION. And considering that NO provincial or municiple funding ever sees a Reserve, why would the people who live there pay into those services via taxes? When I lived in Eby Township, in Northern Ontario, it is an unincorporated township.....doesn't belong to any municipality. Meaning no roads were cleared. No garbage pick up. No fire department coverage. No sewer. Only $19/year in tax that goes to the school board. Had to pay a premium to the fire department otherwise they wouldn't attend a fire at my home. Do you complain about those things? OR that big businesses and churches are exempt from many taxes? Of course not. Less than 200,000 Natives in Canada benefit from tax breaks. And less than 30% of all Natives live on Reserves in Canada. There are faaar more churches than 200,000 not paying any taxes. And we DO pay GST/PST/HST for ALL goods and services purchased OFF the Reserve. The nonsense you people are spoon fed to fuel your hate! And you buy into it!

Living off their tax dollars? Wrong again. Reserves are funded off of MONEYS HELD IN TRUST. Moneys paid for the ceding of the lands. Moneys that already belong to us.....yet we have to apply to INAC to use them. And then spend years fighting red tape in order to do anything on our own lands, that we can't own.

The ignorance of people like Kenoplayer and Dowling....w/e is what keeps Canada divided. What would clear up all their nonsense misconceptions? Ten minutes on the INAC website. Are they interested in being educated? Of course not. They are happy in their bubble, like many ignoramuses are. It keeps them safe. It keeps them believing that what is continually done to us, for their benefit, can't ever happen to them. TREATIES were made so YOU could have the life you lead now. Legal, binding agreements. That many think it is okay to renege on. Is that the way thinks work in Canada?

Harper altered the constitution with his Omnibus Bill......the same one that contains their rights and freedoms. They would be in an uproar were it them.....but for now, it isn't, so that is okay.

Seems like Canada isn't the tolerant, accepting place they tout it is. Canadians are only interested in protecting their own interests, and the interests of people who are like them. Not too far off in the future....it will be them. IF Canadians do not stand for the most marginalized people in their own country, just what do they stand for? You put on a good show, but time to put your words into actions. The world is watching, and Canada is being exposed for just what they are.

*Oh yes....it isn't all Canadians who are pathetic.....err....apathetic. We have the support of CAW, CUPW, David Suziki Foundation, CUPE and many other organizations who realize that this Bill is unconstitutional, an attack on democracy, and affects ALL Canadians.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - kenoplayer - 02-16-2013, 04:30 AM
[] - penguin - 02-16-2013, 04:30 AM
[] - shoredude2 - 02-16-2013, 04:30 AM
[] - Dowlinggram - 02-16-2013, 04:30 AM
[] - victoriousvolleyball847 - 02-16-2013 04:30 AM
[] - ƝɨѕhҠѡe - 02-16-2013, 04:30 AM
[] - Chix - 02-16-2013, 04:30 AM
[] - screechingpoison294 - 02-16-2013, 04:30 AM
[] - ✈ㄚahoo✈ - 02-16-2013, 04:30 AM