This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How does a Conservative explain thier support of Public Education,Social Security and Medicare?
10-12-2012, 08:27 AM

I am a conservative that opposes public education or should I say public indoctrination, I am sick and tired of seeing some damn school bond on my ballot every time we vote here in California.
I also do not favor Social Security at least not the way it is being run today. Social Security has turned in to one of the biggest ponzi schemes ever imagined.Social Security should have been a savings account that people paid into as they worked, and when they retired they could withdraw their funds as they saw fit. Medicare is a bit different the money that we pay into that should be paid into a personal insurance program and used if you were laid off or at retirement. This should have been run like a life insurance program in that you pay for 30 or 40 years and it is then paid up.

The US Government has seen fit to rob the Social Security blind to pay for other social programs and Medicare is not any better. I can tell you that if I had only donated $10 a week into my own Social Security program since I started working (50 years ago) I would not have any problems with having a very comfortable retirement and would not have had to use any of my savings to do so (I am not retired yet but next year woo-hoo)

I am not nor have I ever been in favor of any social programs, I worked and I put my kids into private schools with teachers that taught not teachers that tell your kids what THEY want your kids to know.

Now you might be wondering if I will take my Social Security when I retire, simple answer is you damn right I will, I paid into it for more than
50 years and I will take Medicare as well.

Both of these programs need a major overhaul, especially Social Security and the only way that will ever happen is if we force the Congress men and women to live on it and take away their retirement
which at the moment is the same as their current annual salary. Seems they don't want to be forced to live on what they perscribe for the rest of us.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - neuroticwilly - 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
[] - justgetitright - 10-12-2012 08:27 AM
[] - dglaze11 - 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
[] - abfabinri - 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
[] - Just-Jon - 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
[] - crunch - 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
[] - calmObserver688 - 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
[] - icehoundxx - 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
[] - Demsmierda - 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM