This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it weird I am an aspiring journalist but I don't have social networks? People dislike me?
02-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Is it weird I am an aspiring journalist but I don't have social networks? People dislike me?
Hello all, I just want some opinions. I am an aspiring journalist and I freelance for two publications. I have a pretty decent viewcount on a monthly basis but I don't have a Facebook or anything. I had Facebook at one point (since people think its the ONLY way to talk to each other) but I hated it. I found it to be boring and silly with people whining and bragging all the time and I rarely spoke to people. I don't really talk to people in person either. I always have to call or text people first. I haven't heard from two people I thought were my close friends in over two months. I have content that I would like to share with more people, but I feel as if people won't be supportive. I also don't really want to reach out to them if they don't care to even check up on me. I don't get how I can build a strong audience if people don't even like me in person. I know I'm whining right now but I am trying to think about my career.
Sometimes when I talk to people about what I'm up to, they act like they are impressed or happy then start treating me different, in a negative way. I know that I don't act any different like brag or act stuck up, but I know social media is huge and I have to find a way to be a part of it. Any ideas on what I can do to bring people to me? I have no connections and I feel as if I don't stand a chance inthe media world.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is it weird I am an aspiring journalist but I don't have social networks? People dislike me? - soundofmusic90 - 02-17-2013 02:06 PM
[] - Whortleberry - 02-17-2013, 02:14 PM