This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
need to interview somone from the 1950's? need help?
02-18-2013, 12:22 AM

Too many questions to answer all at once. Yes, I remember JFK being assassinated. I was in high school. My family was glued to the TV for the next 3 days. We saw Jack Ruby shoot Oswald on live TV. It was a devastating time, especially in the Northeast. Every household, just about, had a picture of JFK in it.
The thing to remember about the culture in the '60's, is that it was driven by the baby boomers. We were the largest generation ever. Needless to say, we controlled the market place even as teens. We caught a lot of flack about our music, the way we dressed, and the length of our hair. But we had the numbers on our side. The movies, TV, and music, reflected our lives, not molded us.
It was a definite generational gap. The older generation, our parents and older, were more authoritative oriented. We just didn't protest against the war, or for civil rights, but also against unreasonable authority. We just wanted to be heard, and have some representation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - David Smith - 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
[] - Betty - 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
[] - justagrandma - 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
[] - BJ Rus - 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
[] - Bflowing - 02-18-2013 12:22 AM
[] - Gerald Cline - 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM