This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
need to interview somone from the 1950's? need help?
02-18-2013, 12:22 AM

1. I was in the library when Kennedy's assassination was announced over the PA system. It was a shock. MLK and Bobby Kennedy were less of a shock.

2. Yes, I remember both. I stayed up all night watching the live reports on the Bay of Pigs. The Cuban Missile Crisis lasted a couple of weeks, and we all pretty much expected it to end in a nuclear exchange.

3. I'd put it the other-way around. The counterculture embraced Rock 'n Roll as its theme music. Until the early 60s most of the Rock was love ballads, not "protest" songs.

4. Something that happened outside the framework of MY world. It was events on the 6 o'clock news, nothing to me personally.

5. Like most Americans I supported the early Civil Rights Movements. As EVERYTHING became more radicalized in the later 60s and 70s I withdrew my support. Most Americans wanted to see evolution, not revolution. Despite all the rhetoric and revisionist history since then, MOST Americans did NOT support the radicals and disapproved of the riots, hate-speech, and anti-American hysteria of the left-wing radicals.

6. I was serving in Vietnam at the time, and never knew a thing about it until after I came home a year later.

7. Media hype about the hippies, protests, antiwar movement, riots...etc. etc.... Most Americans were only exposed to the youth movement trough their children, but it was pushed into everyone's face all the time by the media.

8. After 1968 the radical-left seized control of the Democratic Party, and has run both the party and the country ever since. Later "movements" like the ecologists, population alarmists, and global warming enthusiasts are just radical-left wing agitators using these causes to promote their agenda of a command-economy in which THEY are in charge. No...I don't approve....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - David Smith - 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
[] - Betty - 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
[] - justagrandma - 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
[] - BJ Rus - 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
[] - Bflowing - 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
[] - Gerald Cline - 02-18-2013 12:22 AM