This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get over the guilt of what I've done?
02-18-2013, 12:49 AM

I'm pretty enraged by this question but i'll keep my cool as to answer your question..
First off, you say you're just trying to have fun. What do you mean? Getting satisfaction by verbally abusing a girl of your age that is actually called 'bullying' makes you happy? I don't know how to understand this. I understand though, you may not have known how detrimental it is to someone of your age. (By the way i'm 19 this year so i've witnessed this type of stuff) I'm appalled that the teacher in your class did not do anything, or at least question what happened but she may not want to get involved.

Moving on, you mentioned she said she was raped. Doesn't this explain anything? This is why she's probably kept to herself most of the time and super quiet. Even if you and your friends didn't know she was raped, you have no rights to call someone a 'SLUT' or 'WHORE' just by knowing she has a son at a young age, she didn't do anything to you in the first place, leave the poor girl alone. Bullying is not and will never be a small matter, it can lead to suicide if you continue. Rape is a horrible thing to suffer, she was probably traumatized after that incident and still decided to keep her child. You guys made it worse by bullying her, you're pushing her into a corner, how would you feel for the rest of your life if she COMMITS SUICIDE?

Right now what you can do to resolve the things you did is to

1. Get you and your group of friends to apologize to her - sincerely.
(For calling her names and making fun of her, as well as not knowing she was raped)
2. If you truly feel bad and horrible about what you did, tell her honestly.
3. Be her friend. (You don't have to hang out with her, you can just get her to open up to you as a friend and talk about anything that is bothering her)

It's not her fault she's quiet and introverted, it's probably her personality/cause of her trauma.

Just be genuinely sorry and sincere, calmly confront her and maybe get your whole class to apologize to her and you'll feel less guilty.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Natalia - 02-18-2013, 12:49 AM
[] - Donna - 02-18-2013, 12:49 AM
[] - Silence is Bliss - 02-18-2013, 12:49 AM
[] - AnimeGirl - 02-18-2013, 12:49 AM
[] - VinnetteLaVey - 02-18-2013 12:49 AM