This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is your best way to send traffic to your website?
02-18-2013, 02:35 AM

Well it depends on what type of traffic you are looking for. If all you are looking for is to inflate your traffic numbers, you can easily buy cheap traffic from a variety of different companies.

However, you probably want more "quality" based traffic. In order to do this, find exactly what target market you cater to and promote accordingly. If you are offering health advice, advertise your business in health-related forums, health social media websites (i.e. healthranker.com, wegohealth.com), and health based social networks. Staying pertinent to your industry will allow you to build long term traffic as you are catering to the right demographic.

You should also produce some viral marketing pieces. "Top 10 lists" seem to fair well among the Internet community (i.e. "Top 10 movies of 2009", "10 ways to lose weight", etc.). Promote this pieces of content throughout various high level social bookmarking websites (i.e. Digg, Reddit, Propeller, etc.). If you obtain a front page story you can get anywhere between 5,000 to 100,000 unique visits in a matter of 24 hours. However, the thing with these social media websites is that you need to build up your accounts first to increase the probability of getting more votes. You can do this by voting (or "digging" on Digg) other members stories and by friending people who are voting or submitting the same pieces of content that you are promoting.

Another great way to get traffic is by running a PPC campaign (Google Adwords is the best). Bid on relevant keywords to your website and you are likely to see a rise in traffic to your site. This does cost money, but you only pay after somebody clicks on your ad. Something similar you can do, is find a popular website (you can check a websites traffic rank by going to http://www.alexa.com and searching for a particular URL..the lower the number the better) and purchase adspace.

There are literally tons of different ways to get traffic, but this should be a good start for you. Last piece of advice I will give you is to go Yahoo! Answers or other answer-related websites (i.e. Answerbag, Answers.com, etc.) and look for questions that can be answered using a source from your website. Great way to reach relevant people.

If you would like anymore advice shoot me an e-mail at: primevisibility@ymail.com. I would be more than happy to help. I hope this advice was helpful to you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Andrew - 02-18-2013 02:35 AM
[] - micheal - 02-18-2013, 02:35 AM
[] - guitarists - 02-18-2013, 02:35 AM
[] - Baron Von Svele - 02-18-2013, 02:35 AM
[] - vicseo - 02-18-2013, 02:35 AM
[] - aspirerankings - 02-18-2013, 02:35 AM
[] - Carol H - 02-18-2013, 02:35 AM
[] - Bryan W - 02-18-2013, 02:35 AM