This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have fake claims of Aspergers caused society to believe that there is no such thing as Asperger's Syndrome?
02-18-2013, 11:04 AM

It's real. There is more then the social things. This is why there needs to be awareness. This is a syndrome. There is more than one symptom. For some reason the media took one part of it and ran with it. There are the sensory processing issues, the anxiety issues, the change issues, motor skills issues, the stimming/ tic issues. Yeah the social stuff is the most talked about but there are more symptoms.

"Shy Highschooler = AS" Another misconception, Aspies are not "shy" they lack the ability to read and perform unspoken rules in conversations and therefore don't know when it is their turn to talk. So to the uneducated mind, they appear to be shy. But if you know an aspie you know they are not shy.

"Impolite Scientist = AS"

Impolite: again unspoken rules. They are not rude on purpose. They are honest to a fault. They can conceive lying. That goes for white lying. They think it is more honorable to be honest then to lie, even if the lie would be to protect someones feelings example: "does the dress make me look fat".

Scientist: well the average IQ of someone with aspergers ranges in the above average to genius score on IQ exams.

"Hot-Headed Athlete = AS" I have never heard that but if his special interest is in sports it is possible I guess.

yes there are "fakers" but I am sure most of the fakers are easily found out considering they usually only fake the social aspects.

@Adithya: Adam Lanza did not have aspergers. His family already said he did not have it. It was a stupid rumor. In fact his aspergers symptoms would have prevented him from doing this if he had aspergers. It was concluded that he probably had a "personality disorder" not a "pervasive development disorder"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - VivaLaRaza777 - 02-18-2013, 11:04 AM
[] - Adithya - 02-18-2013, 11:04 AM
[] - nytebreid - 02-18-2013, 11:04 AM
[] - Cjmjm2 - 02-18-2013 11:04 AM