This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to lose the grip social networking has on my life?
02-19-2013, 12:07 PM
How to lose the grip social networking has on my life?
I can't do it. I can't can't can't. I want to delete all my social networks, and I've done it a few times before, but every time I do "permanently" a while later I make a new account because I feel so awkward interacting ALL the time without it. As you may well know, social networking can serve as a brief respite from communicating face-to-face. We didn't use to need this but now that it's around it's permanently influenced the way we communicate with each other. And it's crazy how immensely that bothers me. /:

I've just deleted my social network sites again. I have to wait 30 days for twitter to disappear, and 14 days for Facebook to. I don't know if I can last that long without caving in. Plus, who's to say during that time or after that I still won't be tempted to look at other people's (unprotected) twitter accounts and the like?

I'm only 16. I want to change things before it's too late. I want to be able to take pictures with a disposable camera and hang them up in my bedroom. I want to be able to vent to people without using a form of text communication to do so because otherwise it'd be too awkward. I want people to not look at their phones when we're having a conversation. It bugs me so much and there's so much I want, but I know I won't be able to make such a change in my life if I don't get rid of these sites for good and try to adapt to not using it as a form of communication.

Please help. D:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to lose the grip social networking has on my life? - Ethan - 02-19-2013 12:07 PM
[] - Kevin - 02-19-2013, 12:15 PM
[] - Michael - 02-19-2013, 12:15 PM
[] - Josh - 02-19-2013, 12:15 PM
[] - robby - 02-19-2013, 12:15 PM