This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats the resolution?
02-20-2013, 04:58 AM

Firstly I would like to admire how caring and accommodating you have been to your partner and his children. Coping with two lots of teenagers cannot be easy, whether they are your own or not. The behaviour of his eldest son (15) sounds typical of that age towards a father and you can be sure that his mother is having something to do with it. I would say that I think that situation is for your partner and his son and ex to sort out and that you should concentrate on the other children to make life as happy as possible. Of course your partner needs lots of support from you, but not to the detriment of your own children. They are the most important for you to keep happy. If you decide to stay living together in what is basically your home, then he must accept that his children visit on your terms as often as is acceptable to all concerned, and this will include his ex and her new partner. A lot of consideration and compromise will be involved in such a complicated situation. I'm sure you made the statement about him moving out in a moment of anger and hurt so tell him that you want this sorted out without resorting to that. You obviously love his children and want them to see their Dad so get a plan that suits all concerned and see how that goes. If that doesn't work, then try another one. I will tell you something I learned a long time ago - "You will never please all the people all of the time". I wish you all the love and luck in the World.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Whats the resolution? - Esmerelda - 02-20-2013, 04:50 AM
[] - Open Sauce - 02-20-2013, 04:58 AM
[] - Normansgirl - 02-20-2013 04:58 AM
[] - D. B. - 02-20-2013, 04:58 AM