This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does Canada have loads of social problems amongst teenagers?
02-20-2013, 09:32 PM

I think no matter where in the world you go, you will always find social problems with teenagers. It is all dependent though on circumstance. In Canada, I think the main factor to this is because of the lack of parental guidance for kids. Yet, that can be said for anywhere too.
Canadian teenagers drink, some smoke pot, feel peer pressure etc but I know its not because of our geographical location. I sure when you were a teen growing up in the UK, you tried pot and drank under the age.
I believe that places like the states have a higher rate of social problems, than Canada. I grew up in Ottawa and its a great place to live. I live in a suburb and its great. You might think a canadian stereotype is kids getting on their snowmobiles and go and smoke weed in the forest. Some do, but its probably not all that different than the UK.
You will always find social problems, no matter how "perfect" a city or suburb is. My school was a great catholic high school on Ottawa and yes there were those druggies and odd people but they were still good people.
I think its not where you live, but its how you teach your children how to respond to certain things how to say no to drugs, alcohol. I'd like to go somewhere and find every teenager living there not drinking or doing things their not supposed to.
If you want to though, stay away from the big, big cities like Toronto & Montreal. I've been to both and its a lot different than Ottawa. Winnipeg is great too, been there. Their biggest problem is the amount of drunk natives living there. Which is sad.
All, in all, Canada is a great place to raise your children but its up to you to raise them so they no whats wrong and whats right.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Penelope - 02-20-2013 09:32 PM
[] - Vg - 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
[] - Needful Sinner - 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
[] - Maclabeb - 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
[] - Rowboat - 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM