This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What laptops are good?
02-21-2013, 03:45 PM
What laptops are good?
*QUESTIONS AT BOTTOM IF YOU FEEL LIKE SKIPPING THE INTRODUCTION*

So I'm a sophomore in high school. This upcoming semester, I will be taking all honors classes (not a single regular class). In my junior and senior years, I will be taking all AP classes. In these classes, there are a lot of research papers, essays, etc. that I will have to be writing and such. My problem is that I don't have my own personal computer. My dad has one at his house, but it's highly inconvenient because I only go to his house Wednesdays and every other weekend; I also have to share this laptop with 2 younger siblings who are so consumed in playing video games that it's not even funny. At my mom's house, we have the bottom half of a 2008 Dell Inspiron attached to an old computer monitor; they don't work with each other most of the time, and the computer is the biggest piece of trash I have ever seen in my life (it will stay on for a maximum of 5 minutes when on Microsoft Word, then it will just crash). Simply put, I am in classes that have a lot of work, and I don't have the computer necessary to do it.

Now, before anyone decides to say that I don't need one (if there are any people that say that), I just want to say that at least 75% of the kids at my school have/have had their own laptop, and I am slower at doing projects and writing papers (which means I need my own computer on my time to do things). I also want one just for being able to do stuff for fun like YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, Spotify, etc... So that being cleared up, anyone saying I don't need one will simply be ignored. Sorry, but I don't have time for you or your comments.

When it comes to computers, both of my parents want something cheap (like 100 to 500). I just feel like this knocks out most of the worthwhile computers (in my opinion). I don't know what I would want that is still good in that price range.

All of the computers I want are placed in more of a 500 to 1,500 range. My main things that I look for are respectable technical features, a cool, sleek design, and reliability. I really want a MacBook, and I know that they're expensive, but I just feel like they're better for me. So, for this, any place where I could still get a worthwhile MacBook (Pro preferably) for a cheaper price? *Also another side question- Are used laptops an okay thing to invest in?* I really like the Sony VAIO, too. The only brands I really don't want are Dell (bad experiences) and HP (their mouse pads irritate my fingers and they're just designed weird).

So my final questions are-

What are some reliable, affordable, sleek, and technically stable laptops that I should look into buying?

Are there any places to buy a cheaper (but still worthwhile) MacBook Pro?

Are used laptops okay to invest in?

Thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What laptops are good? - trace - 02-21-2013 03:45 PM
[] - Sarah - 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
[] - Ronan - 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
[] - Credit - 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
[] - Nag S - 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM